Last week I showed you how to decoupage a bottle with tissue paper. Today we have another technique combining decoupage and glass. Potichomanie Decoupage is a technique that originated in Victorian England when Chinese vases were very popular. For those who couldn’t afford to buy a Chinese vase, this craft technique created a DIY variation.
wide-mouthed glass jar
print that fits inside the jar
1” wide foam brush
DecoArt Americana matte Decou-Page medium
DecoArt Americana acrylic paint in color to complement print
1. Soak jar or bottle in warm water to remove the label. Clean inside of jar with alcohol.
2. Carefully cut out the print.
3. Apply Decou-Page to the face of the print.
4. Place the print inside the jar. Press the print to mold it to the contour of the jar, working from center of print outward to smooth wrinkles and remove air bubbles. Allow to dry thoroughly.
5. Apply a coat of Decou-Page to the inside of the jar. Allow to dry.
5. Paint interior surface of jar